We have recently taken some steps to make the library accessible for everyone – in particular we have made several changes to make it more welcoming for our Dyslexic and Autistic customers.
Some of these changes include:
- Dyslexia friendly books that are easy to identify.
- The use of overlays and coloured paper.
- A Dyslexic friendly leaflet.
- A ‘social story’ that tells users what they can expect when they visit the library.
- A map of the library.
- Staff have completed training on Dyslexia (Carly) and Autism awareness (Nic).
- The library is in the process of being listed on Dimensions UK as an autistic friendly library.
You can download the social story and the map of the library below.
If you have any questions you can contact the Library & Community Hub here or give us a call on 01503 262255.