askned characters

Reporting Crime and Anti-Social Activities

As Looe continues to ‘open up’ following the lifting of Covid restrictions, we’ve had several reports of criminal and anti-social behaviour.  Whilst we try to support all residents and visitors to resolve issues affecting them, please be aware that the Town Council does not have any powers of enforcement so usually cannot take direct action on your behalf.

Please do contact us if you want advice on where to report things, or when you have an ongoing issue that you need more support with. We will always encourage you to report incidents directly to the appropriate Police or County Council team so that issues are recorded, resolved, followed up and, where necessary, legal action is taken. The Ask NED (Non-Emergency Directory) available on the Police website will help you to identify where to go for help and, as a brief guide, you should contact:

Devon and Cornwall Police – via their website or call 101 to report crimes that have already taken place and criminal anti-social behaviour such as drug dealing, harassment, criminal damage, prostitution, indecent behaviour, misuse of fireworks, etc

Cornwall Council – via their website or call 0300 1234 100 to report environmental issues like noise nuisance, dog fouling, litter, stray dogs, abandoned cars, discarded syringes, fly tipping, etc.

In the event of an emergency, call 999 – an emergency is when someone’s life is at risk, someone is seriously injured, offenders are nearby and/or immediate action is required.

All of our local authorities and public services are, of course, extra busy this year as we collectively recover from the pandemic, so please be patient and trust that any matters reported will be dealt with as soon as possible.