Lots of you have been asking what is happening this year so here is an update. With Covid cases still high in the community, organisations across the town feel that it is not in the best interest to be organising formal events this year. We are adapting to ensure we are still supporting you all to enjoy the town so please see below for what is happening:
- Remembrance day 11th November – there will be a small ceremony organised by the Looe RBL to commemorate which will be live streamed.
- Remembrance Sunday – 14th November – there will be no parade again this year , organisations will be invited to lay wreaths in the week before and this will also be live streamed.
- Light switch on, Lantern Parade and Carol concert – there is no ceremony this year but, thanks to our amazing organisations and volunteers, we will again be broadcasting the switch-on on Facebook with a Drone flying high over the Town which should be a fantastic view!
- Lantern Making workshop – this will be going ahead on Saturday 30th October! There will be morning and afternoon sessions so please book to ensure a space. These workshops are free and we hope to accommodate as many children and families as possible. Details to follow on session times from our website looetowncouncil.gov.uk . We hope that these lanterns will help Santa to find his way and welcome him to Looe.
- Santa – the announcement you have all been waiting for! Santa will, again, be touring the Town and surrounding area on his sleigh accompanies by his reindeer. The route and times will be announced as soon as his Christmas Elf’s have finished the planning and details will be on Facebook and our website.
- The competition for business, large residential and small residential lighting displays will also be going ahead. While it would be wonderful to again see Looe lit up this winter please do not feel it is obligatory to ‘shine a light’. Details once more will be on our website.
- New Years Eve Fireworks – these will not be going ahead again this year.
It is with a great deal of sadness that we have had to cancel some of these events again this year but we are wanting to keep all of our residents safe and well this winter. Thanks to technology and a host of wonderful volunteers, we are still able to bring you live streaming and visits from Santa (who is currently enjoying his beach side holiday), from the comfort of your own home and keep everyone as safe as possible.