The annual meeting, and first physical meeting since March last year of Looe Town Council was held Covid safely yesterday on the 17th May 2021 at St Martin’s Church Hall.
The meeting was Chaired by Cllr Martin Gregory and started with the Annual reports from committee Chairs which are attached.
The new Mayor and Deputy Mayor were then elected. They are:
Mayor and Chair of the Council: Cllr Martin Gregory
Deputy Mayor and Vice-Chair of the Council: Cllr Edwina Hannaford
Both Councillors thanked the other members and signed their declarations of acceptance of office.
Standing committees and Chairs of committees were also appointed at the meeting. They are:
- Planning Committee – Cllr James Lundy
- Finance Committee – Cllr Simon Barker
- Policy and Strategy Committee – Cllr Tony Smith
- Services and Asset Management Committee – Cllr Jimmy Dingle
- Community Hub Committee – Cllr Jon Holmes
- Staffing Committee – all Chairs of Committees, Mayor and Deputy Mayor
Also elected as Councillors for Looe:
Cllr Viv Sullivan
Cllr Armand Toms
Cllr Carla Jones
For the first time the meeting was live streamed on Facebook. To watch please follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/LooeTC/videos/816971488949490
The full agenda and minutes of the meeting can be found on our website